Flash fiction friday!


As the title of this entry obviously implies, Flash Fiction Friday is a day when I’ll be posting random flash fiction write-ups of mine that are as short as a few paragraphs – which is why they’re called flash fiction, after all. 


Most times, Flash fiction neither has an introduction nor a conclusion; it's sort of like starting a movie at the very middle. The difference with flash fiction is, even with the few scenes that you, the reader, are presented with, you get a glimpse of the past and the present, but its up to you to make a conclusion of what you think will happen in the future. I assure you, flash fiction is definitely a fun read.  

I will be posting these on the 2nd Friday of every month, so tune in to my webpage here every 2nd Friday for exciting new fiction write-ups. See below for a little intro to the very first flash fiction entry! 



REMINDERS

I stared.

Stared at my home phone as I listened to the single voice message I had.

He was here.

Michael was in town.

I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my racing heart. What was he doing here? And why did he want to see me?

I replayed the message again against my will, telling myself I hadn't made out his words the first time.

The truth? I wanted to hear his voice again. That soft, yet strong voice.

I shook my head. What was I doing, pining over the voice of a man I had dumped almost nine years ago?

It’s been nine years for heaven’s sake, get over it, I whispered to myself.

I was happily married to the guy of my dreams, we had two adorable sons, I had a great job as a Marketing Administrator, had the almost-perfect mother-in-law. What more could I ask for?

I stretched my fingers to the Delete button on the machine, determined to not respond to this sudden intrusion in my life.

I needed to put the past behind me.

My fingers hesitated. If there was nothing to it, a voice whispered in my head, then why make a big fuss out of a phone call, from an old friend who just wanted to catch up? I was happily married now and I was sure he was, so what's brunch between old friends going to cost?

Not a darn thing.

I pressed the Call Back button.
  ...[Read full story here]...




No comments:

Post a Comment